In parallel with the release of flagship devices, Samsung continues to develop the entry-level smartphone direction. Following the inexpensive Galaxy M01, the company introduced its more budget version with the Core prefix. The novelty received a smaller display, a MediaTek chipset, a smaller amount of RAM and a “stripped-down” camera.
The Samsung Galaxy M01 Core is powered by a MediaTek MT6739 processor with a clock speed of 1.5 GHz and supported by a Mali-T760 graphics accelerator. Depending on the configuration, the smartphone is equipped with 1 or 2 GB of RAM and a built-in 16 or 32 GB storage, expandable via a microSD card. The novelty is running Android 10 (Go Edition) with a proprietary One UI shell.
The gadget received a 5.3-inch IPS-display with HD + resolution and an aspect ratio of 18: 9. The front panel houses a 5-megapixel selfie camera, and the main module is represented by a single 8-megapixel sensor with video recording in 1080p resolution. The battery capacity of the device is 3000 mAh.
Specifications Samsung Galaxy M01 Core:
- Display: IPS, 5.3 “, HD +, 227 ppi
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6739 (4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53), Mali-T760 GPU
- RAM: 1/2 GB
- Built-in memory: 16/32 GB, microSD support
- Battery: 3000mAh
- Main camera: 8 MP (f / 2.2)
- Front camera: 5 MP (f / 2.4)
- Communication: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11b / g / n, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- Connectors: 3.5mm audio jack, micro-USB 2.0
- Weight: 150 grams
Samsung Galaxy M01 Core in black, blue and red cases went on sale at a price of $ 74 for a version with 1 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal memory, the manufacturer estimated a 2/32 GB configuration at $ 87.