You moved into your new apartment or decided to improve your old interior.Create a design apartment with your own hands If you don’t know where to start, start with the design project.
Yes, of course, you can hire for this specialist, who will gladly help you create a cozy nest. However, if you feel you can and want to do it yourself – go for it!
Create a design apartment with your own hands
The peculiarity of self-development of a design project is that you can do everything the way you want. Before you start developing, you need to find inspiration, read relevant literature and use expert advice.
Ideas for inspiration
If you don’t know how you want to design your interior, the style to choose, the colors to use, start your journey by looking at already created interiors. You can find inspiration anywhere: in a cafe or with friends, in a book or in a design magazine, maybe this article will help you.
It is believed that people, making their home, are primarily guided by their tastes and opportunities. For many years, the existence of such things as interior design, different styles have been formed. Each of them has its own characteristics and distinctive features. Let’s talk about those of them that are most relevant in our modern reality.
This style is one of the most popular today. You can characterize it simply – rustic. It combines simplicity, comfort, the atmosphere of warmth and comfort. In our time, when people spend most of their lives in the city, they, more than ever, want to be outside it.
Provence can be different depending on the region. The project can be based on the themes of the provinces of different countries, especially England and France. Also isolated and Russian Provence.
It’s amazing how the apartment, made in this style, transforms. It seems that it is not an apartment, but a private house.
Loft style begins its history in the fifties of the 20th century. It originated in the United States, at the time when the mass closing of factories and production facilities in the center of the big cities began. Representatives of the creative bourgeoisie began to buy industrial buildings, or rather their parts. Artists and musicians changed premises to meet their needs, lived there and at the same time organized exhibitions and performances in new apartments, had concerts.
The main characteristics of the loft style are free space and a large amount of light. In the apartment, made in this style, you can often notice the absence of partitions between rooms.
As for the decor, the combination of a brick wall with an open ventilation duct is a standard design option. Add to them chrome parts, mirrors, unusual open lamps and modern technology.
The country style appeared at the beginning of the 20th century in the United States and later spread to European countries. The main idea of the style is to honor the sources with which people are connected, with village life. This style is characterized by simplicity and naturalness.
When choosing a color palette of a house, apartments or rooms in the country style, give preference to natural colors such as sand, brown, beige, olive, blue.
For textiles, you can choose a fabric with a color in a small flower, this is a characteristic of this design direction.
Modern design solutions associated with wall decoration, very bold and extraordinary. If you are bored with the usual wallpaper or well-painted surfaces, consider the following wall designs.
- Wall brick The wall, lined with imitation brick tiles, is often found in apartments and loft-style houses. This light carelessness gives a special atmosphere to the whole room. You can decorate the wall with bricks in whole or in part, which significantly changes the overall appearance.
- Wall tiles. Using balsa wood sheets as wall decoration is possible in a room with low humidity. Cork is a very capricious material, but it looks very impressive. If the design of your apartment is close to eco-style, then do not hesitate to use balsa wood panels in the decoration.
- Stone wall. Such a surface looks especially interesting when the stones are placed in a chaotic manner, as if they were simply scattered. Or, on the contrary, create a stone model.
- The glass wall. Glass panels are used in the design of walls when it is necessary to visually expand the space. On the glass wall, you can apply a drawing or a pattern, it all depends on your imagination.
- Volume panels. Gypsum panels with different patterns allow you to quickly give a volume effect to the wall. Such decorative elements can be painted as needed.
- Plasterboard walls. Make a plaster wall, decide what effect you want to achieve. The lightweight, practical design adds functionality to the wall.
- Soft wall A wall made in this way looks luxurious, but in this case it is important to respect the measure. Use simple furniture and decorative elements in the interior with such walls. Soft eco-leather panels can be purchased in the store. Or create them yourself.
- Wall tension. Such walls are created on the principle of suspended ceilings. It is a special durable material stretched over the frame. On this material you can print the image you need.
When choosing an interior color palette, you should be guided, first of all, by their internal preferences, as well as the dimensions of the room and the amount of sunlight that enters.
If the room is small and dark, use a light palette. The large and bright space allows you to use almost any color according to your requirements.
However, in the world of interior design there is the concept of fashion. If you are used to following fashion trends, then consider their requirements. Fortunately, in this field, fashion is not as fast as it is in the field of clothing.
Below are the colors and colors that are relevant today.
- Blue. For several seasons, blue has been used in the design of many interiors. In blue, there are many shades, the choice of which depends on the general condition of the room.
- Grey. The gray color of the walls and decor elements looks good in combination with white, beige and black colors. Combine them together, adding bright accents.
- Marsala. The so-called wine shade occupies the leading position for several seasons. The interior, decorated with this color, becomes warm and comfortable. However, be careful, use this color selectively, combining it with shades of natural wood, beige.
- Natural shades. In this season naturalness is fashionable. Green, brown and warm shades appeared in many interiors of famous designers. The interior, made in the so-called ecostyle, is found in apartments, houses and industrial premises.
- Metallic elements. Glitter metal attracts. Metal decorative elements look spectacular if they are combined with the style of the entire room. Today you can even find wallpaper with a metallic sheen effect.
Stages and sequence of work
When you start developing an apartment design project, try to adhere to a certain sequence in actions.
First, develop a project plan and determine what you want to see in the end.
After this, proceed to the development of a sketch and prepare the drawings. All this will help you determine the choice of furniture and decorations. Let’s talk about each stage separately.
Apartment plan for apartments
To draw up a project plan for an apartment, you must first take measurements of the premises. Take this issue seriously, as this will help to avoid inaccuracies. On the plan, write down the height of the ceilings, the width of the walls, the size of the windows and doors. You also need to mention where you want to place sockets, batteries, pipes and other types of communications.
Make a plan for an apartment project with your own hands if you use special computer programs. After entering the initial data, the program will draw the exact plan of your apartment. Mark the desired location of the furniture, then you can adjust its position. Save this plan in a format convenient for you with all the necessary applications. It would be desirable to print it on paper.
Once you have decided on the style in which you want to see your apartment and have developed a project plan, proceed to create a sketch. The sketch can be made on paper or in electronic form. First indicate all the color solutions of your interior. Draw the desired furniture and decorative objects. With the help of a sketch, you can clearly see what the apartment will be after renovation.
Develop your own sketch in case you have no artistic skills, computer programs will also help.
So you can bring your own or choose the available furniture, wallpaper, floors.
Interior design details
When the main stages are completed, you can start detailing the interior design. Add to them the elements of decor, textiles and other elements that will create comfort in your apartment.
If you want to create a simple repair, reduce the number of decor and furniture elements to a minimum, leaving only the most necessary.
Preparation of drawings
When preparing the drawings, use the project plan that you completed on your own. The drawings will be similar to the plan, however they will be more precise. You can also run them in a computer program. Drawings will help you or a group of workers when you get directly involved in repairs.
The choice of furniture and other elements of the situation
One of the most interesting moments in repairs is the choice of furniture. After the measurements you already know what size your furniture should be. When buying furniture and other decor items, stick to a style according to your sketch.
You can look for a furniture store or find designer furniture through the Internet.
Sometimes there are cases where people are inspired by a single piece of furniture and build all other solutions around it.
Helpful tips and tricks
To independently develop a design project for your apartment, use the following useful tips and recommendations.
- Start the development of the project after you have decided that you can cope with this task.
- To facilitate the task, use special computer programs that will help you create an accurate plan and drawings for your project.
- Study interior design literature, as well as trade magazines and websites. In them you can find inspiration and interesting information.
- If possible, do not purchase furniture before developing a detailed design project. After it may not match the conditions.
- Consider your needs when creating the interior. First of all, the design implies a lightness. That means you should be comfortable in your apartment. Choose the style and colors that excite you or bring you calm. Furniture should be functional and comfortable.
- When drawing up a project, calculate your approximate budget, which you will be ready to spend on repairs. Simultaneously with the development of the project, look for information about the cost of the necessary materials. Such calculations are called estimates.
Interesting examples and options
There are very unusual options for interior design. Consider some of these that you can repeat on your own.
Very interesting design studio in Scandinavian style.
Beige colors prevail. The kitchen is combined with the living room, creating a single space. An interesting discovery – the TV is fixed to the wall on the stand, which allows you to watch it both from the kitchen and from the sofa.
All these options for budget repair. They are suitable for a small dvushki or a one-room apartment. A selection of options made in the same style.